Rules and Regulations
The front office staff will assist you during the admission process. They will generate a Hospital unique identification Number (UHID) for the patient and all the medical records will be maintained and stored by the hospital for all future reference. They will also draw out an estimate and guide you for selecting the relevant category of room.
In addition, you will be required to make an advance payment. The advance shall be adjusted against the final bill at the time of discharge. Those seeking the cashless route would have to visit the insurance/TPA billing for the hospitalisation of the patient.
CHARGES BILLING AND PAYMENT
The patients/relatives are advised to enquire and properly understand the hospital tariff as well as treatment charges before deciding to opt for a particular category of bed. The levied charges are broadly under the following heads:
- Doctor’s Visit
- Investigative Procedures
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- Surgical Operation
- Implants or other Surgical items
CHARGES BILLING AND PAYMENT
- PAY ADVANCE DEPOSIT
The patients are required to pay advance deposit at the time of admission as specified in the schedule of charges. Thereafter periodic deposits will have to be paid as demanded by the billing department depending upon the running bill.
- SURGICAL TREATMENT CHARGES
The patients shall have to pay the surgical treatment charges in advance before the surgery. No patient will be taken for the surgery without payment of the total charges.
- IMMEDIATELY VACATED
Whenever the relatives of a patient in the ICU wish to occupy a separate room in the hospital, the hospital may consider providing a room subject to availability but if the same room is required for another patient the same will have to be immediately vacated.
RIGHTS OF ADMISSION
The hospital is open to all without any distinction of caste, creed or religion. However, the hospital reserves the right to refuse admission to any patient without assigning any reason.
CHECK IN / OUT TIME
The Check in/Check out time has been fixed as 12.00 Noon. Patient admitted any time before 12 .00 noon will have to pay one full day charge.
The hospital has an in-house 24 hrs. Pharmacy for providing drugs and other medical items. The patients have to procure the required drugs and items from the hospital pharmacy only. It is mandatory as per hospital policy. It is not permitted to procure the supplies from other sources. Whenever any item has been used in emergency from the hospital stock, the same shall be replaced by the patient.
The visiting hours have been fixed as below:
Free unrestricted entry - 5.00 PM to 7.00 PM
Entry with paid pass - 12.00 noon to 2.00 PM and 7.00 PM to 9.00 PM
All Intensive Care Units (ICUs) are restricted areas. Only one visitor will be permitted at a time.
Visitors are not permitted in NICU.
Two attendant passes will be issued to every patient at the time of admission.
Not more than two attendants will be permitted to stay with the patients.
The patients will be discharged normally after the doctor’s morning round. However a patient may be discharged at any time. Once your final bill is generated, you are expected to clear your dues by paying cash or by a credit/debit card/RTGS/NEFT. Cheques are not accepted.
If a patient wishes to leave the hospital or get discharge against medical advice he/she shall have to settle the hospital bill in full and sign an undertaking about release of responsibility in favour of the hospital.
PATIENT & ATTENDANT RIGHTS
As a patient or attendant, you have the right to:
- Be treated with respect, consideration, compassion and dignity, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
- Be addressed by your proper name and to be informed about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare team members involved in your care.
- Full protection of your privacy, dignity and confidentiality in care discussions, examinations, and treatments.
- A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of each treatment, expected outcome and change in medical condition.
- Be protected from physical abuse and neglect.
- Receive information from the hospital regarding the expected cost of treatment and payment policies.
- Request for a copy of your medical records as per protocol.
PATIENT & ATTENDANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a patient/ attendant, you are responsible and thus requested to adhere with the following:
The patients and the relatives are advised to protect their cash and belongings.
The hospital does not accept any responsibility for damage, theft or burglary.
Smoking and Chewing Pan, Gutkha, Tobacco within the hospital premises is strictly prohibited.
The patients and the visitors are requested not to spit on the walls or outside the gallery or window.
The defaulter will be asked to leave the hospital.
Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Any person suspected of having consumed alcohol would not be permitted to enter the hospital. In case a person is found in an inebriated state he shall be handed over to the police.
Patients holding a Mediclaim policy must inform about it at the time of admission
Kindly provide complete, accurate information, including your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, particulars of next-of-kin and insurance company/TPA/employer, past illness, ongoing medication etc. wherever required.
- CONSENT FORM:
or understanding all instructions before signing the consent forms
- MEDICO LEGAL:
All accidents, burns, suspected poisoning, sudden death or “brought dead” shall be notified to the Police to complete the necessary legal process. Similarly, wherever the doctor suspects foul play the police will be intimated.
In non-medico legal cases all the investigative films and reports in original will be provided to the patients.
However in a medico legal case the original films; reports, case papers and other related documents shall be retained by the hospital for submission to the legal authorities.
- DEATH CERTIFICATE:
In the unfortunate event of death, the hospital shall issue a death certificate in all the non medico legal cases.
However, In medico legal cases the same shall be provided by the Police only after the post mortem.
- UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR:
Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Unreasonable interference with a patient’s plan of care.
- Harassment of any kind, including inappropriate telephone calls to a staff member.
- Use of loud, threatening, abusive or obscene language.
- Use of physical violence or acting in a threatening manner towards staff.
- Arriving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Damage to hospital property.
- Possession of weapons or firearms.
- Disturbance to other patients.
Rules for cashless patients
Cashless facility will be available from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on all working days and will not be available on Sundays and public holidays. Formalities for patients requiring cashless facility who are admitted on Sundays and other public holidays will be processed the next day.
Till the Authorization Letter is received from the TPA, all patients wanting to avail cashless facility will have to pay deposit as per the rules of the hospital.
It will be the responsibility of the TPA coordinator to send the Pre authorization Request Form to the concerned TPA, but follow up for early issue of Authorization Letter will be the responsibility of the patient’s relative.
Case is rejected
If the case is rejected, the patient will have to pay deposit like any other patient taking treatment in the hospital.
Rights to Reserve
The hospital reserves the right to withdraw cashless facility without any notice.
Only facilities available in the hospital will be covered under cashless. Payment for any other facility not provided by the hospital will have to be made by the patient in cash and get a reimbursement from the TPA.
If the patient gets laboratory tests done from some other laboratory, the bills for the same will not be entertained.
Charge and Service
The TPA does not pay Service Charge and Service Charge @ 15% on the total bill will have to be paid by the patient. Similarly any other charge not paid by the TPA will have to be borne by the patient.
20% of the total bill amount will have to be deposited by the patient at the time of discharge which will be refunded to the patient after his bill is settled by the TPA. Any deduction done in the payment by the TPA will be recovered from the deposit of the patient and remaining amount will be refunded back.
All patients wanting to avail cashless facility will have to produce the following documents at the time of admission:
- Photocopy of current year medicliam / health insurance policy
- Identification Card of the TPA / Insurance Company
- Any Photo Identity Proof (Driving Licence, PAN Card, Passport)
TPA Cashless Facility
- APOLLO DKV HEALTH INSURANCE
- E-MEDITEK SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- HERITAGE HEALTH TPA PRIVATE LIMITED
- HEALTH INDIA TPA SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
- HDFC ERGO GENERAL INSURANCE
- ICICI LOMBARD GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- IFFCO TOKIO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- MAX BUPA HEALTH INSURANCE
- M.D. INDIA HEALTHCARE SERVICES (P) LTD
- MEDI ASSIST INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- MEDICARE TPA SERVICES (I) PVT LTD
- RELIANCE GENERAL INSURANCE
- RELIGARE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- STAR HEALTH AND ALLIED INSURANCE CO. LTD.
- VIPUL MEDCORP PRIVATE LIMITED
- OIL & NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LTD. (ONGC), SURAT
- OIL & NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LTD. (ONGC), ANKLESHWAR
- BIRLA CELLULOSE
- KRISHAK BHARTI CO-OPERATIVE LTD. (KRIBHCO)
- GUJARAT NARMADA VALLEY FERTILIZER CO. LTD. (GNFC)
- EMPLOYEE STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION (ESIC FOR DEPENDENTS AS WELL AS BENEFICIARIES)
- LARSEN & TOUBRO
- NUCLEAR POWER CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD. (KAKRAPAR ATOMIC POWER STATION)
- GUJARAT STATE ELECTRICITY CORPORATION LTD. (GSECL)
- GUJARAT ENERGY TRANSMISSION CORPORATION (GETCO)
- MADHYA GUJARAT VIJ COMPANY LTD. (MGVCL
- DAKSHIN GUJARAT VIJ COMPANY LTD. (DGVCL)
- UTTAR GUJARAT VIJ COMPANY LTD. (UGVCL)
- PASCHIM GUJARAT VIJ COMPANY LTD. (PGVCL)
- HARI KRISHNA EXPORTS PVT. LTD.
- SNK & PHENO HEALTH SOLUTION
- HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CO. LTD.