Breastfeeding is a boon
Motherhood is the best gift offered by god to all women. Being a mother one has to care for the child. The most vital part of motherhood is breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is good for newborn children’s health and it plays a vital role in a child’s life. At least during the first six months, it is mandatory. Several pediatrics in Surat recommend giving exclusive breastfeeding to a newborn baby.
Benefits of Breastfeeding
So what is the all hue and cry regarding breastfeeding? In reality, breastfeeding is not only helpful for newborn babies, it is also healthy for new mothers. Read on to know the benefits of breastfeeding for mommies and babies
Breastfeeding benefits for babies
- Breastfeeding is an immunity booster for babies.
- It helps the baby gain weight,
- Breastfeeding is a good source of all nutrients and minerals since breastfeeding is made of the food that a mother has,
- It helps babies stay hydrated at all times,
- It helps to develop a beautiful bonding between a mother and her child,
- It prevents constipation in babies,
- It helps to develop their brain to build a good IQ.
- It helps to develop tastes according to the food a mother is having,
Breastfeeding benefits for mothers
Breastfeeding is not only beneficial for babies but it is very useful for mothers as well. Read on to find out how.
- It helps to reduce post-delivery weight due to milk production,
- It helps to reduce breast cancer risk later on in life,
- It also helps to reduce the risk of diabetes, or even high BP and cholesterol post pregnancy.
- It is also very helpful for the mensuration cycle after delivery.
- Most importantly breastfeeding helps to develop a bond between a mother and her baby.
Tips to naturally boost milk supply
- Take a minimum of 3-4 glasses of warm milk. It may be in the form of porridge or kheer or even a simple glass of milk. This helps to get a good supply of breast milk. The calcium present in milk is going to help relieve the pains which may be incurred in the future.
- Drink lots of warm water. Milk supply is directly related to the amount of water consumed during the day. It even helps in maintaining the body’s alkaline levels by flushing out the acid.
- Have regular meals in small quantities.
- Eat all green veggies as much as possible. Not only do they boost the milk supply, but they are also a light on the digestive system after delivery.
- Dairy products such as milk and fresh curd are the ingredient that works best for breast milk supply.
Celebrating World Breastfeeding Week (WBW)
World Breastfeeding Week (WBW), is observed from August 1 to 7 every year. It aims to globally encourage breastfeeding and protect the health of the mother and baby. The effort was initiated in 1992 by the WHO and UNICEF. It is now recognized annually. The theme for this year’s World Breastfeeding Week 2022 is “Step Up For Breastfeeding: Educate and Support,”. The objective is to raise breastfeeding awareness and improve the value of breastfeeding. The idea is to elevate it to the level of a public health obligation by helping organizations and countries to develop facilities to safeguard breastfeeding. The target audiences for the event include governments, health systems, commercial workplaces, and communities. They will be informed, educated, and empowered to enhance their capacity to provide and sustain breastfeeding-friendly environments for women in the post-pandemic era.
Nirmal Hospital – being multispecialty hospital in Surat that offers expert care for neonatal patients. They’ve one of the best neonatologists in surat and they are dedicated to provide the highest quality of care. If you or someone you know is in need of neonatal care, we highly recommend that you consider Nirmal Hospital.